Vetiver Essential Oil – 5 ml
Retail: $27.96 USD
Wholesale: $21.25 USD
Stock Number: #3651
Vetiver essential oil’s aroma is earthy, eclectic, and exotic. It originates from a perennial grass native to the tropical regions in Asia. Because Vetiver is produced from the steam distillation of the plant’s root, the oil has a woodsy scent. It was used in ancient times, and the oil’s popularity still exists as an ingredient in colognes and fragrances—especially for men—as well as in soaps and moisturizers. Vetiver is great to diffuse in work and study areas because its diverse aroma helps create an uplifting environment. Due to its viscosity, we recommend diluting Vetiver with a carrier oil.
Product SnapshotFEATURES & BENEFITS Topical
- May help appearance of even skin tone
- Apply topically before sleep and let the aroma create peaceful, comfortable sleeping environment
- Has an earthy, balancing aroma
- Aromatic features promote a focused environment and a calm, relaxing atmosphere
From the bottle: Woodsy, smoky, and slightly sweet
- Lady Sclareol™ essential oil blend
- Ortho Ease® Massage Oil
- Ortho Sport® Massage Oil
- Thieves® Fresh Essence Plus™ Mouthwash
- Clary Sage essential oil
- Ylang Ylang essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Desert Mist™ Ultrasonic Diffuser
Vetiveria zizanoides† (Vetiver) root
† 100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential
Suggested UsesAPPLICATIONS Topical
- Add a few drops of Vetiver to V-6 and massage it on
skin for a dual benefit: a calming aroma and the appearance of an
even skin tone.
- Dilute Vetiver’s earthy aroma with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and diffuse it around the house or in your office to promote a focused environment.
- Add 5–10 drops of Vetiver to your hot bath for a relaxing, calming aroma to ease occasional restlessness as part of your bedtime routine.
- Combine V-6, 3 drops of Lavender, and 2 drops of Vetiver for a calming diffuser blend that’s perfect for a relaxing evening after a long day of work.
- Free your mind for an important project in a study or den with its relaxing, welcoming fragrance.
- Set the mood for sleep by filling your bedroom with its grounding, soothing aroma.
- Treat yourself to a spa-like retreat by infusing your bathroom with its exotic scent.
Diffusing Vetiver’s earthy, exotic aroma can help promote a nostalgic, focused environment. You can also add it to your skin care cream to support the appearance of an even skin tone.
Topical:Apply 2–4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed.
Aromatic:Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily
CAUTIONS:Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
Get to Know
Get to KnowPRODUCT BACKGROUND Vetiver is a perennial bunchgrass from the Poaceae family and is native to India. The plant’s roots can grow 7–10 feet long, and their deep, tangled webs help make the plant tolerant against drought and protect against soil erosion. The essential oil is extracted from the plant’s root though steam distillation. Centuries ago vetiver was a taxable commodity in India because of its unique value and benefits.
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Vetiveria zizanoides
REGIONS FOUND:Haiti, Ecuador
PLANT PART USED:Root
EXTRACTION METHOD:Steam distilled
REGION:Most Young Living Vetiver essential oil comes from Haiti.
Young Living November Promotion!
Cautions & Disclaimer*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
*Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use.
*Modern scientific research has not yet validated these traditional claims.